Fitzroy region GLM land types
To view the description for a specific land type within the Fitzroy region of Queensland, click on the land type or plant index below:
- FT01 Alluvial brigalow
- FT02 Blue gum river red gum flats
- FT03 Box flats
- FT04 Brigalow with blackbutt (Dawson gum)
- FT05 Brigalow with melonholes
- FT06 Brigalow softwood scrub
- FT07 Bulloak country
- FT08 Coastal flats with mixed eucalypts on grey clay
- FT09 Coastal sand dunes
- FT10 Coastal tea tree plains
- FT11 Coolibah floodplains
- FT12 Cypress pine country
- FT13 Eucalypts and bloodwood on clay
- FT14 Eucalypts and bloodwood on loamy red tableland
- FT15 Eucalypts and bloodwood on sandy tableland
- FT16 Gum-topped box flats
- FT17 Lancewood – bendee – rosewood
- FT18 Marine plains
- FT19 Mountain coolibah woodlands
- FT20 Narrow-leaved ironbark on ranges
- FT21 Narrow-leaved ironbark with rosewood
- FT22 Narrow-leaved ironbark woodlands
- FT23 Open downs
- FT24 Poplar box with shrubby understory
- FT25 Poplar box with ironbark
- FT26 Poplar box, brigalow, bauhinia
- FT27 Serpentine ironbark
- FT28 Silver-leaved ironbark on duplex
- FT29 Softwood scrub
- FT30 Spotted gum ridges
- FT31 Yellowjacket country
Anderson E. R. (1993). Plants of central Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane. Information Series QI92037.
Brooker M. I. H. and Kleinig D. A. (2004). Field guide to Eucalypts. Volume 3 Northern Australia. 2nd Edition. Blooming Books, Melbourne Australia.
Burgess, J.W. (2003). Land Resource Assessment of the Windeyers Hill Area, Isaac – Connors and Mackenzie River Catchments, Central Queensland. Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Brisbane.
Forster B.A. (in prep). Curtis land management manual. Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Water, Brisbane.
Gillepsie R.L. (1991). Land management manual: Dawson/Callide Districts. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Gunn, R.H., Galloway, R.W., Pedley, L. and Fitzpatrick, E.A. (1967). Lands of the Nogoa-Belyando area, Queensland. Land Research Series No. 18, CSIRO, Melbourne.
Queensland Herbarium (2009). Regional Ecosystem Description Database (REDD). Version 6.0b. Updated November 2009 (Department of Environment and Resource Management: Brisbane).
Speck, N.H., Wright, R.L., Sweeney, F.C., Perry R. A., Fitzpatrick, E.A., Nix, E.A., Gunn, R.H., and Wilson, I.B. (1968). Lands of the Dawson- Fitzroy area, Queensland. Land Research Series No. 21, CSIRO, Melbourne.
Story, R., Galloway, R.W., Gunn, R.H. and Fitzpatrick, E.A. (1967). Lands of the Issac-Comet area, Queensland. Land Research Series No. 19, CSIRO, Melbourne.
Thwaites, R. N. and Maher, J.M (eds) (1993). Understanding and managing soils in the Central Highlands. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
Shields, P.G., Chamberlain H.J. and Booth N.J. (1993) Soils and agricultural use in the Kilcummin area, Central Queensland. Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.