Better decisions in the beef business (Breedcow & Dynama)
Better decisions in the beef business is a two-day workshop in which participants learn how to use Breedcow & Dynama to evaluate a beef enterprise. Key topics covered are:
- Male and female turnoff options
- Herd structure, e.g. heifer and breeder culling
- Assessing alternative management strategies
- Evaluating business and property development
- Best choices for forced sales or opportunistic purchases.
Breedcow & Dynama are now available as online software.
For more information, please contact the Agricultural Economists by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A two-day financial and business management training workshop for northern beef producers. The aim is to enhance producer knowledge and skills in basic financial and business management to improve beef business efficiency and profitability.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- develop your financial knowledge and business understanding
- understand where your business is performing well and where it can be improved
- better understand how your decisions impact the bottom line of your business
- determine if your business can really fund future growth, debt reduction, retirement and succession
- ensure everyone in your business is on the same page.
What you will learn
- What’s driving profit in your business, and, what’s not
- How to set up your financial system to provide you with the information to help manage your business.
- How to demystify your financial statements
- New infrastructure or equipment: which one will deliver the biggest bang for your buck?
- Funding for education, succession and retirement: how much is needed and what can your business fund?
Who leads the workshop?
$1500 plus GST for one person from a business
$1250 plus GST each for two or more people from the same business
For more information about Business EDGE visit the EDGEnetwork® website.
Testing management options
Are you interested in determining the economics of your grazing enterprise? Would you like to know the profitability of your whole-farm system? If you were to change your farming system, would you be better off? This workshop uses a simple whole-farm process to assess the profitability of different enterprise and management options such as:
- breeding cattle versus trading
- selling feedlots versus producing Japanese ox
- buying more land
- supplementary feeding.
As a group you will describe a ‘typical’, hypothetical property in its ‘steady state’. You will then compare this with alternative enterprise or management options.
Cost $300 plus GST (the second or third person from the same business pay half price).
To register or for more information contact the course coordinator.